Here at Tax Resolution Center...

Here at Tax Resolution Center...

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Mistakes with Tax Debt More Costly than a Leaky Faucet -- by Kip Sharp

When you work in a business for long enough it's easy to spot when something is done well and when it's not.  Then there are those times when there's nothing left to do but to rip it out and start over.  I was reminded of this four days ago when a business owner came to me with a federal payroll tax liability, a state tax liability and a city tax.
   
Usually just one of those taxes is enough to get someone to seek professional help but he decided to do it himself.  Now I don't blame him, I've done it myself, my most recent mistake was to help my mom out by replacing her leaky faucet; how tough could it be? To make a long story short, the faucet I installed leaked into the condo below and caused some costly damage.   Plus, I had to hear about it from my mom, my wife and my sister, not a good choice on my part.  However, if you're a guy either you've made this mistake or you are going to make this mistake someday and there is nothing anyone can say to change that.  Hopefully this email can stop you from making this mistake fixing your tax debt on your own.  Because the cost to you can be much greater than the plaster and paint I had to pay for, it can cost you your business and years of happiness.
    
If you are dealing with tax debt, how you address it will make a big difference in how much you pay; and deciding on whether to address the city, state or federal taxes makes a big difference.   For example a shop here in Boulder was shut down by the state over a $12,000 debt; this didn't have to happen.
   
The IRS manual is a 17,000 page instruction manual, the instruction on how to fix the faucet was about 5 pages, don't do this alone give us a call and let's discuss your case.

Call Today for a Free Consultation
1-877-415-9100, ext. 1458

Christopher (Kip) Sharp, Esq.

Owner and Lead Attorney
Tax Resolution Center, Inc.

No comments: